An online business plan competition open to all high school students in Northeast Ohio, offering $8,000 in prizes. Semifinalists will be invited to attend an Executive Coaching Day and receive guidance from entrepreneurial professionals in the Cleveland business community. The Final 4 teams will compete live at the thinkBIG! Summit 2022 in March.
thinkBIG! Challenge Finalists
Congratulations to all finalists that advanced to compete and pitched live at the virtual
thinkBIG! Summit on March 2, 2021!
Small Business Track
- Nature of Kindness: Hathaway Brown School
- Scaper: Bay Village High School
- Second Ch♲nce: Hathaway Brown
- NeoSigno: S.E.N.S.E.: Columbus Academy
thinkBIG! Challenge Semifinalists
Congratulations to all semifinalists who advanced to compete in the second round of the thinkBIG! Challenge and attended the virtual Executive Coaching sessions!
Small Business Track
- Common Scentsations: Olmsted Falls High School
- Finlit: Financial Literacy Education for Kids: Hoover High School
- Jade’s Plants: Laurel School
- NeuroNotes: Hoover High School
- Petology: Laurel School
- Powerful Pens: Gilmour Academy
- Sea-Ring Tech: Olmsted Falls High School
- Team Kindness: Hathaway Brown School
- Team Scaper: Bay Village High School
- Tree Huggers & Co.: Gilmour Academy
- Up-Beet: Laurel School
- Apollo: Hathaway Brown
- Cup A’ G Coffee: Northern Career Institute
- Groovy Looks: Laurel School
- Lux LLC: Olmsted Falls High School
- Scrap Sunglasses: Laurel School
- Second Chance: Hathaway Brown
- Team NeoSigno: S.E.N.S.E.: Columbus Academy
- Team QuickHelp: Hathaway Brown
- Team VCircles: Hathaway Brown
- Team Wellworks Water: Olmsted Falls Public High School
- The snow shovel that makes you say, “Shoveling snow isn’t so bad anymore!”: Beaumont School
- Upcycle: Gilmour Academy
- Vibracelets: Laurel School
How it Works
Round 1: Idea Development & Written Submission Round
Deadline for Round 1 Submission: December 30, 2020 (Online)
Semifinalists Proceeding to Round 2 Announced: January 11, 2021
Round 2: Video and Slide Deck Submission Round
Round 3: Virtual Pitch at thinkBIG! Summit
Offering $8,000 in prizes!
Two winning teams will receive $3,000 per team.
Each 2nd place team wins $1,000 per team.
Each Final Four team member also receives Veale Innovator Medals.
For the School Sponsoring the Grand Prize Team a Traveling Veale Innovation Cup Trophy is presented.
Deadline for entries
December 30, 2020 Online
January 11, 2021 Online
Executive Coaching Days
January, 2021 Virtual
Finalists’ live pitch competition
March 2, 2021 Virtual