Did you know that bee hives are an economic ecosystem? Bees produce products, trade resources, and operate in a hierarchy that keeps the hive running, and allows bees to survive.
Hive sponsorships from Youth Bee Works Edenculture give students a unique opportunity to not only witness a fully functional economic force, but also to create a revenue stream from the production of honey.
Areas of Focus:
- Marketing & Sales
- Product Development & Design
How it Works:
- A Youth Bee Works hive is a turnkey for educators. Youth Bee Works will take care of the hive and extraction of honey.
- Hive sponsorship requires a site visit in the fall to determine the best location for the hive.
- Youth Bee Works will work with your students to create a logo and label for the honey.
- After extraction, Youth Bee Works will package the honey in the size decided by students.
- Honey is extracted in June and October.
- Students can utilize their entrepreneurial skills to market and sell the honey that is produced from their own bee hive!